Get back on track with healthy eating habits and stay there for the long haul
You’re smart, you’re savvy and by now you probably know the ins and outs of healthy eating. But do you feel challenged to stay on track with it?
When you’re feeling kind of gross and bloated, do you reach for the nearest all-juice cleanse with a hefty price tag? Swear off chocolate for the next week? Kill yourself in the gym?
I’ve done it all so I know the feeling …
One night out, a weeklong vacation or busy week of work and social events would leave me feeling like I’d completely fallen off the wagon. From there it turned into a free-for-all.
One bad choice led to another, a skipped meal or two left me zapped of energy and so the cycle of cake for dinner or diet soda to stay awake at my desk began. Too often I found myself uttering the words that became my mantra:
“I just need to get back on track.”
There’s so much information about food and diet available it can get confusing and overwhelming. We could all use more support in this area.
How would you like to have someone going through our day with you, telling you what to eat, the ingredients to buy and how to prepare them?
With the Total Reset Plan you CAN have all of that — and more!
My expertise is in helping and inspiring women to transform their love/hate relationship with food and this is the mission I had in mind when I created The Total Reset Plan, the completely virtual way to get back on track with healthy eating habits and stay there for the long haul.
What Is The Total Rest Plan All About?
When I created the Total Reset Plan, a virtual, 4-week meal planning service, I was so tired of the all-juice cleanses and meal deliveries promising weight loss and happiness. I love juicing. I love healthy meals. I love cute packaging.
But at my core I believe health and wellness should be not only convenient but also sustainable enough to be able to go it alone long-term – IF you want to make it a lifestyle. We can’t all live on juice alone and most of us can’t afford meal delivery for the rest of our lives.
If you’ve ever spent hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a juice cleanse or to have meals delivered, I don’t need to ask you what happened when it was over.
Research shows it takes 30 days to develop a habit. That’s why the Total Reset Plan lasts four weeks – to help you train your cooking muscle and get you into the meal planning mindset so these activities become lifestyle choices.
Follow it to the letter, treat it like a cleanse or a detox and eliminate sugar, dairy, alcohol and gluten or just take what’s best and leave the rest. It’s up to you.
But the more you put in, the more you’ll get out.
I know this program works because I’ve worked it myself.
I taught myself to cook in a studio apartment with hand-me-down pots and pans and have inspired many other women to do it too. If I can do it, anyone can!
But here’s the real kicker:
In an effort to save money, my partner and I made a conscious decision to cook at home most days of the week. Within the first week we were feeling more energized than we had since we met and after only 2 weeks we had both lost a little weight that had creeped on over the course of our three year relationship. We’re never going back to restaurant food and takeout over home-cooked meals again.
People often tell me, “I wish I had the time to cook at home.”
I say, “You can make a delicious homemade meal in 30 minutes.”
On the Total Reset Plan, I teach you how.
Here’s what’s included:
- Weekly Meal Plans and All Recipes: You don’t have to think about what to cook or how to make it, it’s all done for you. There’s an art and a science to meal planning which you’ll experience while on the program but having it done for you can save valuable hours each week. Meal plans include 3 seasonal meals a day and their recipes (that’s more than 80 meals per month!) + snacks and even dessert. Yes, we love dessert on the Total Reset Plan.
Note: Most recipes are vegan and gluten-free. Some include seafood or eggs and the option to add cheese as a condiment. Most recipes are flexible enough that you can always add your own favorite, high quality animal products.
- Weekly Shopping Lists: Another time-saver. Just download, print and be on your way to the store. You’ll try new foods and ingredients, which will soon become your kitchen staples. Save them to refer to forever.
- A Healthy Snack List: This is the longest list of healthy snack options you’ve ever seen, which means you’ll be armed and ready with something energizing when the mid-afternoon munchies hit. There’s something for every craving – sweet, salty, creamy and crunchy.
- Weekly Email Prep Packages: I’m the kind of person who likes to know what to expect so that’s what these emails do. You’ll get the week’s menu, recipes, shopping list and the why. The why? Yes, the why. I don’t like to eat anything just because someone says it’s good for me. So this plan provides education too – the reasons behind why I’ve chosen the foods on the program. You’ll hone your knowledge of healthy food while eating well on this program. That’s another reason it’s unlike any other.
- How-to Cooking Demos: These weekly videos are created so you can be inspired by just how simple and easy meal prep can be. You won’t spend hours in the kitchen and these videos will share tips and tricks for real-life meal preparation.
- Daily Inspiration: Thoughtful daily emails keep you on track with wellness tips, inspirational quotes and a reminder of the day’s meals. It’s like having your own private wellness coach checking in with you every day.
- Two, 30-minute Live Check-ins: Your exclusive, one-on-one access to me via phone. This is your opportunity to ask your questions and tell me how you’re feeling in your own private coaching session. You get two of these during the program.
On the Total Reset Plan you can expect to:
- Try new foods and ingredients
- Create long-lasting, healthier habits
- Settle into a healthy weight
- Eliminate cravings and bloating
- Understand how foods effect you physically, emotionally and mentally
- Learn how to plan meals and make leftovers work
- Incorporate some of my very own personal wellness tips and tricks into your own life for overall health
- Look and feel better than ever
- Create ultimate wellness for you and your family
The Total Reset Plan Is For You If:
- You’re ready to get off the diet trend bandwagon, achieve lasting wellness and transform your relationship with food once and for all
- You want to feel energized, well all over and lose weight while eating real food
- You love to cook or want to improve your skills and confidence
- You enjoy trying new foods and recipes
- You’re open to new experiences and understand that true growth happens that way
- You’re willing to make a long-term commitment to your health and wellness
The Total Reset Plan is NOT For You If:
- You’re negative and give up easily
- You’re looking for a short-term or quick-fix
- You’re unwilling to devote some time and a few resources to achieve overall wellness
- You’d rather have someone else do it for you
- You’re non-committal and would rather dabble in different diets and cleanses that your friends swear by
Total Program Investment
Get started with the Total Reset Plan right away and claim the long-term health and happiness you deserve, for one payment of $299.
All ingredients required are not included.
Getting started is easy.
Just click Add to Cart below. Next, find your Shopping Cart on the right-hand column of the site and click “View Shopping Cart.” From there, you’ll safely complete your purchase with Paypal.
Once your payment is processed you’ll immediately receive a confirmation email, which you’ll respond to with your chosen start date (Mondays are best).
The Winter edition of the Total Reset Plan will be available starting January 7, 2013. Pre-order now or get started with the Fall edition before then. Find out about the #CookatHomeChallenge and how you can save $50 off the price of the plan.
Once the “paperwork” is out of the way, sit back and relax. On the Friday before your plan starts, you’ll receive a “Getting Started” email that explains exactly what to expect and what you’ll need come Day 1. It will include your menu and recipes for Week 1, shopping list, snack list and Week 1 video.
You’ll receive a similar email preceding every new week of the program. You’ll download the menus, recipes and shopping lists straight from this email and be on your way. Then you’ll receive daily reminders with the day’s meals, inspiration and my own personal wellness tips, which you can try out for yourself.
I’m totally confident in this program and I believe it works if you work it. All this said, I want you to be completely comfortable purchasing the Total Rest Plan, which is why I’m removing ALL the risk for you. If you’re not completely satisfied with the program after the end of the 4 weeks and you’ve, on your honor, prepared at least 3 days of meals each week, I’ll refund your money in full.
Just email me at the first sign of any issues and we’ll first try to work together to solve them. However, if you’re still not satisfied and you’ve made all the required meals, you’ll receive your money back in full.
1. Is this a cleanse, a detox or a diet?
None of the above. This is a healthy meal plan featuring real, whole foods designed to get you back on track with your eating habits. If you need to develop healthier eating habits, you’re a shoo in for the program. Either way, after 30 days, you’ll be creating healthy habits and on your way to making them last. After all, it’s not what you do 10 percent of the time, it’s what you do 90 percent of the time that matters.
That said, if you want to treat this program like a cleanse, you are welcome to do so. Feel free to eliminate dairy, sugar, alcohol and white starch for as many weeks as you like. The more you put into it, the more you’ll get out of it.
2. Will I lose weight?
If you have weight to lose and really follow the program along with regular exercise, you will likely drop a few pounds. The food you will be eating is nutrient-dense so you’ll have more energy, fewer cravings, feel lighter, will eliminate bloating and notice a flatter tummy. It’s important to keep in mind that weight loss occurs as a side effect of getting healthy. So if you make this way of eating long-term, you will settle into a lighter, leaner frame for sure!
3. What are the meals like?
The meals are plant-based and seasonal according to the Ayurvedic seasons. Most are vegan or feature small amounts of seafood or eggs (which is optional). Basically, you’ll be eating a lot of whole foods, including dark, leafy greens, vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds and some fruit. Sound boring? It’s really not. The food is full of flavor and nutrients. By the end of the four weeks you’ll be craving more of the same.
4. What if I’m not vegan/need some animal protein/dairy in my diet?
Absolutely fine! Most of us can benefit from a more plant-based diet or cutting back on the amount of animal protein we eat, however not everyone thrives on a full-on vegan diet. The recipes are flexible enough to substitute or add in lean proteins of your choice as needed or desired. I also note where you can do this. I encourage you to use this program to discover what really works for you.
5. I don’t have a lot of time. How much cooking is involved?
Honestly, not a ton. If you want true health, you do need to do some planning ahead and make an effort to eat at home, but I don’t believe in slaving away in the kitchen to make it happen. Most recipes require minimal cooking and preparation – 45 minutes max, but often less than that. I strongly recommend setting aside a few hours on a weekend to prepare a few meals ahead of time and an hour or two again one evening during the week. But, the beauty of the program is that I take advantage of leftovers and show you how to make them work so you’re not starting from scratch every single day.
6. I’m not a good cook. Can I still do this program?
If you can follow a recipe, this program will work for you and practice in the kitchen does make perfect. The videos will show you how to prepare some of the meals and will help build your confidence. I learned to cook by following recipes and watching others cook and still do to this day. The best way to start is to feel the fear and do it anyway. Get into the kitchen and try. Worst case scenario is you burn your rice or overcook your broccoli. That’s OK. You’ve learned something for the next time. Progress, not perfection, darling!
7. Four weeks is a seriously long time to eat at home every meal, every day. I have a social life, ya’ know! Is this a realistic program?
I totally get it! Believe it or not, I have a social life too and like to enjoy lunch or dinners out from time to time. This program is meant to serve as a resource for you to have the tools you need at your disposal to stay on track for longer than a week. Have a birthday party to go to? Not a problem. Skip the program dinner that night and have a sensible dinner out. You can pick back up where you left off with a healthy breakfast the next morning. Too often, we have a dinner out here, a lunch out there, too much to drink, too much cake (you get where I’m going with this) and no plan in place to stay the course and get back on track the next day. This is your plan. No more excuses. Stick to it as much or as little as you like, but know this: It works if you work it.
8. That’s a lot of money for recipes, can’t I just buy a $20 cookbook or go online and download a free meal plan?
Sure, you can buy a cookbook or download a free meal plan, there are tons out there, but you won’t be setting yourself up for long-term success. Meal planning is an art and a science. There is no other meal planning program out there (that I know of) that offers a 4 week plan with three meals a day, including snacks. Most plans help you out with dinners or all meals for a week or two, even 10 days but leave you on your own after that. This plan is more structured, does your thinking for you and holds your hand along the way with the live and virtual support of your own personal coach. It’s proven that most habits need 30 days to develop so by the end of the 4 weeks, you’ll have the best foundation for continuing with your new healthy habits, the hang of meal planning and feel more confident in the kitchen.
9. Starting the Total Reset Plan on the Mondays offered isn’t good for me. Are other dates available?
Sure, simply write to email@example.com and we’ll work something out.
10. I have more questions.
I’d love to answer your questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll chat.
Don’t take it from me, here’s what happy Total Reseters are saying …
Adriana, Organizational Change Consultant, NYC
“I considered myself to have fairly healthy eating habits, and I enjoy cooking. I was feeling a little bored with my kitchen repertoire and I really didn’t know how to take my healthy eating to the next level. I was curious about trying new ingredients and dishes with the support of a health coach and thrilled that Marissa was offering a program that did all the legwork for me- finding the recipes, creating the meal plan and shopping list, video demos, daily emails, the works.”
Dana, Demand Planning Director, Chicago
“I had gained weight as the result of a stressful job with lots of hours. I felt and looked unhealthy. I wanted to make a change but didn’t know where to start. As soon as I heard of the Total Reset Plan I knew it was for me.”
“I had done the Total Reset Plan in the Spring, and I really enjoyed the recipes. I always try to eat more clean and green, but I have a difficult time following through with finding and trying new recipes on my own. My husband and I had also recently made a major life transition from a condo in Chicago to a house in the suburbs. During the moving process, we’d both gotten a little sidetracked with our eating habits. This was an opportunity for us to (no pun intended) press the reset button.”